All window blinds sold on window blinds 4 you site come with child safe products as standard for peace of mind.
Since February 2014 the new EN13120:2009+A1:2014 came into force strengthening the child safety elements of the standard. Window blinds must be "safe by design" or supplied with the appropriate child safety devices installed.
This means that where there is a loop that is present, or could be created, a safety device must be installed at the point of the manufacture. These safety devices either break under pressure, tension the cord or chain or provide the facility to store cord(s) out of reach. Professional installers must fit these devices. If you are fitting blinds yourself follow the instructions supplied with the product and make sure you fit any safety device.
Make it Safe
- Install blinds that do not have a cord, particularly in a child's bedroom
- Do not place a child's cot, bed, playpen or highchair near a window
- Pull cords on curtains and blinds should be kept short and kept out of reach
- Tie up the cords or use one of the many cleats, cord tidies, clips or ties that are available
- Do not hang toys or objects that could be a hazard on the cot or bed
- Don't hang drawstring bags where a small child could get their head through the loop of the drawstring.